Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Dream

I've been pretty distant from here, unfortunately, but with summer approaching I hope I can make this more of a constant thing.

A few points for now:

School is ending in a couple weeks, which is why I haven't really been on here. I've got finals the week of May 11th, so all my projects and papers and tests are starting to build up and they're really getting to me. I'm constantly second guessing my schedule and checking to see if I'm missing an assignment. It gets rather aggravating at times, but I suppose it's worth it in the end. 

I've done a good job BSing my way through my Operations Management Class, which I think I'm doing the best in. Got an 85% on my midterm which I was sure I bombed (it took about 4 hours to take), and got a 98/100 on my literature review (which was on the Supply Chain Management of Vaccination creation and distribution), and have turned in all homework assignments and even earned extra credit which he never said we'd receive in his class. All I have left is another literature review, a take-home test and the final and that class is over. 

My Physics lab IS over and I got a 90%, which'll show up as an A- (curse the plus minus system!), but that's good, since I think this'll be the first A I've received in 3 years that WASN'T the orientation class or a music class. 

Physics turned out to be a little more difficult that I originally thought. All that I have left is the final (which is 60% comprehensive, I believe). I'll probably get in a study group for that if the people around me end up having one. 

Music class has been easy. I set the curve on our first test, so, 100% on that (i think I already mentioned that), and the second test I got a 90% on, so technically I've got a 95% in the class. All that's left is to take the final (which is mostly about musicals, movie music, and newer-age composers) and write a 6-8 page paper on a musical topic that pertains to the class. 

Managerial Accounting I've got 1 homework assignment / quiz left, and I have a test next week, then the final the week after (it was a bitch last year, and i'm sure it'll be a bitch this year). I'm rocking a 90.6% in that one, but after my lowest homework/quiz are dropped it should go up a percent or two. I only need to get a B in this class to advance, but, I'd like the A for GPA's sake. 

And lastly... I'm doing terrible in my Business and Professional Writing class. I think I've done bad on every assignment, and this last project I'm working on (that I'm currently at the library procrastinating on), is due Friday, completed. Then next week my partner and I have to give a 10 slide, up to 10 minute presentation on it. If I can get a good grade on this I HOPE I can pull off a B in the class. Otherwise i'm probably screwed. I wish she's explain our assignments after she gives them to us to do. But, since she doesn't, no one does good except the two suck ups that have already taken her classes before. 

So that's school!

PTN played a couple shows this month, a battle of the bands that we didn't win, and we played at the Sound Fest a couple weeks ago. We're done playing for this semester and summer. This fall Dave wants to start up a metal band, and if Tony doesn't want to play bass I know a guy who may want to. If my friend Will moves down we may have a rhythm guitarist (if he wishes to play). So we'd just need a drummer. 

I've been working on my technique lately. Just trying to be able to get from one end of the fretboard to the other without messing up to bad, and trying to hit a bunch of notes in between. That and trying to obtain a little style to my playing. If anyone has ever watched me play I'm sure they've seen me do the same simulated 'blues' thing I do, and honestly, I'm sick of doing it, so, I'm not going to anymore. 

My friends and I have begun working on a zombie story, but I doubt i'll get to do any work on it till summer comes and I don't have a ton of classes to go to and do homework for. Other than that I'm still plotting things for my own stories in my head unsuccessfully. I may start writing stuff out on here. Oh inspiration! Thou escapest me!

Last thing for now, my 22nd birthday is in a week. I demand cakes and gifts of all my subjects!

1 comment:

victoria said...
This comment has been removed by the author.